Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dual parenting again... sort of.

So we're in the sitting room. Together. The girls are happy to have him home and we're adjusting to the fact that he's weaker, for now. He looks the same, only thinner and he hasn't been pottering around tidying up after me and the girls. And the memory that he might not have made it home at all is surreal enough for me to almost have a smile on my face when I talk about what we've been through.

It's good to see him home even if he's still not comfortable in this temporary state. After we arrived home Daniel shaved off his four-week-old hospital beard, it had started to make him look like a lost member of King's of Leon but he wanted to feel more human so off it went - and despite the loss of weight he still looks great... his American superhero jawline is still intact.

I'm just checking in really. I couldn't blog about what was going on as it happened but now that Daniel's beginning to recover I think I can just about bear to blog what's going on with me. Some of the detail of what happened will creep in over time but the main purpose is to document each day so that if we start to lose heart I'll be able to see how far we've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment