Monday, September 7, 2009

Underwriters

Well. I'm feeling very nervous about the readings at Live tomorrow. I know I shouldn't be as I've managed to assemble a fantastic team of directors and actors but it's turned into a bit of a major project (rather than the quiet readings I'd envisaged at the beginning of the summer) and I don't want to fuck it up... I'll still have to go into work the next day and face the rest of the new writing department (even though technically that would just be one other person).

I'm sure it'll be fine. I've put loads of work in, the actors and directors are giving it their all and it's going to go on in front of a (hopefully) friendly audience who are there to support new writing... not look out for excuses to laugh at me. This time tomorrow I'll know if it's going to be a big pile of poo or a resounding success that will lead to a new route into theatre for local writers, actors and directors... here's hoping it's the latter.

I might post an update tomorrow evening but it depends on how drunk I am... either commiserating or celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment